Friday, October 9, 2009

October Update

Sorry I have been despondent recently. Sometimes I find my condition too much to bear and have to stop thinking it about it. But then the pain comes back and I am forced to confront it.

I have been off lupron for about six weeks now and just finished my first cycle since March. It was painful and although the normal indications are gone, the pain has remained. Such as life. I do not think the lupron helped, although I think it does help some people, just not me.

What angers me more than my pain, is the pain of others who are not as fortunate as me to receive superb care due to lack of insurance or having their endo deemed "pre-existing." I think if every American went without health insurance with a medical condition, the healthcare debate would not be a colossal screaming match, If we could just care about our neighbors the way we do after a natural disaster or terrorist attack, paying a little extra so your neighbors that may not be as well off as you, would not be a problem.

Keith Oberman has urged Americans to support health care clinics in the states in which there is much opposition from statesmen. Therefore, proving that there is a need for healthcare that helps the poor and underserved. So many of our politicians turn a blind eye to those that they see as of little importance. BUT WE ARE ALL IMPORTANT. Who am I to say that I deserve healthcare and you don’t? It is our generations' fight for civil rights. And people are dying because they do not receive adequate care. They die every day, every hour. But that could be stopped with proper healthcare regulations. Please do not conform to the republican boogeyman and do your research before deciding that reform would end all healthcare.

If you wish to no more about Keith Oberman's campaign to bring healthcare to those underserved in states that are fighting regulation, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment